Friday, December 01, 2017

Finish it off Friday on the first

So with perfect timing, my geriatric (seven-and-a-half-year old) laptop has decided it needs to visit the computer doctor on the eve of this year's Daily Dolls' House December challenge. I fear it may be fatal.

And so I find myself unearthing my almost-as geriatric-tablet that no longer holds its charge and blogging with that balanced on my ironing board so the charger cord can reach the power outlet. And loading photos usng my phone (because the ancient browser on my tablet is no longer supported and therefore loading pictures is beyond its capabilities at the end of the week, on the first day of summer (cue weekly thunderstorm...))

Anyway first-world and twenty-first century problems. I'll (finally!) get to the subject of this post.

On the way back from our team's end-of-year lunch I spotted these outside a cafe in town:
Three cafe chairs around a table. The chairs have metal frames painted in pastel colours and seats and backs made of strips of recycled wood in various pastel colours.
and instantly thought of the school-chair kit I had tucked away in stash.
Pieces of a 1/12 scale kit for a school desk and chair next to the box they came in.
So once the rain stops, I'll be cracking out the spray cans...

(And try to work out how to resize the pictures and add alt text without a right-click option).

2 comments :

Jodi Hippler said...

Oh the timing of these things! I hope the operation goes smoothly and the patient is back up and running in record time!
Until then, I'm crossing my fingers for you that the step in holds up!
Looking forward to seeing your idea for this great kit!

AMCSviatko said...

Thanks Jodi

Looks like it might be the graphics card: slightly expensive to fix (I've heard) but not terminal. I should hear for sure later in the week.

As for the kit, rain is forecast for the rest of the week, so there may be a change of plan to one that doesn't involve spray-painting...