Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Wednesday morning 3 am

About cards from friends left town, in stash, for scenes yet unknown*.

And the visions that you planted in my brain, will make me insane
Unless I finish them...

Seriously though: an upcoming trip to see a friend who has shifted out of town obviously reminded my inspiration that I'd tucked a card that she'd sent me last christmas away in stash.

The card front featured a piece of Japanese fabric, and I'd always planned to work it into some suitably-themed scene. So, before work this morning, I pulled out various pieces that could added to it to become the bones of a scene called 'Trudi's spare room':
A mug of tea on a used envelope in a one-twelfth scale miniature room. Next to the mug is a card with a piece of blue and white japanese fabric on its front, a deep red miniature velvet sofa, a one-twelfth scale Yanagi butteryfly stool, three one-twelfth scale lucky cats, two one-twelfth scale cherry-blossom cushions, a pair of one-twelfth scale slippers and two pairs of one-twelfth scale chop sticks.
(A 3D-printed Yanagi butterfly stool from Shapeways. hand-embroidered slippers from Judy Foster, cherry-blossom cushions and a bento box from the 2016 Sydney show. Lucky cats from various places. And chopsticks courtesy of Mod Pod Miniature's swap back in 2015).

Tonight when I got home I plundered my fabric stash for suitable patterns to go with what I already had out:
A flat lay with three pieces of blue and white Japanese-patterned fabric (and one in red), a card with a piece of blue and white japanese fabric on its front, a deep red miniature velvet sofa, a one-twelfth scale Yanagi butteryfly stool, three one-twelfth scale lucky cats, two one-twelfth scale cherry-blossom cushions, a pair of one-twelfth scale slippers and two pairs of one-twelfth scale chop sticks. All on piece of white woven wallpaper.
Perhaps I should rename this post 'Watch this space Wednesday'...

(*sorry)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to see the room! I’m turning my Lundby Stockholm Holiday to a japanese house. If you’re interested, you can follow it at Instagram @theaslillavarld. Love your works! Thea (Sweden)

Anonymous said...

Love the colour scheme and oriental theme you have going on here. The navy's with the red couch are fantastic!